Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Varsity BBQ & GISHWHES

We had issues accessing the site on Sunday and we have a short update for our first Wednesday post! Usually I will have a bigger review, with pictures and more detail, but today's update was off the cuff. Why am I unprepared when I knew this post was due? I am participating in GISHWHES and it will be taking over my life for the next few days.

Varsity BBQ (1907 S Cannon Blvd, Kannapolis)
I went to Varsity BBQ & The Party House for the first time as an adult today. I was surprised at how affordable and delicious everything was, I did not pay but I believe the ticket was well under $15 for two of us. My mom has been there a few times before so she decided that was where we should go for lunch. Mom got a gigantic BLT (with what looked to be an entire pack of super crispy bacon on it) and fries. I got a grilled cheese and fried pickles. The pickles were around $2 and were cooked correctly and not overly greasy. I did not get any desserts or pastries, but they do sell cupcakes that look delicious for $.50 a pop. My mother and I are both very picky, her more so than me, and if we can both eat somewhere and be happy you should find something you like.

Any downsides you ask? YES! They did not seem to have salted caramel brownies, but I am holding out hope that I just missed them.

Conclusion: If you are like me and have lived in the area for well over a decade but only passed The Varsity without stopping by I highly recommend you give them a chance. Visit their facebook page for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment